Complaints Policy

When patients and visitors offer praise – or criticism – we listen carefully. We review all the comments you make and we use that information to improve our services and facilities even further.

Whatever you want to say, your opinions and comments are important to us – good or bad.


If you wish to complain:

If you are unhappy with our facilities or service we want to know about it as soon as possible. We will then investigate the situation so that we can explain, apologise and take positive action where necessary. If you tell us as soon as the problem arises, it can often be sorted out straightaway. In many cases, the person looking after you may be able to solve a day-to-day query. Otherwise Jayne Turner, our Practice Manager will be happy to help.

If you are not completely satisfied you can put your comments in writing. We take all comments and complaints seriously.

We always:

  • Pass on any praise to the people concerned
  • Handle complaints in complete confidence
  • Investigate impartially
  • Offer a clear and complete explanation


Write to us

The clinic manager (Jayne Turner) is responsible for the day to day running of the service and is in the best position to investigate any complaint thoroughly and promptly. You, or your representative (with your consent) can make a complaint by writing a letter, stating:

  • When you were treated
  • The date on which you had reason to complain
  • Names of the doctor who carried out your procedure
  • Details of your complaint
  • Any further comments that you want to bring to our attention


Getting back to you

Acknowledgements will be sent within 48 hours of receiving the complaint. We will then reply in full as promptly as we can – usually within 20 working days. If the investigation is still going on after 20 days we will write to explain the delay. We may suggest meeting you to talk through your issues and attempt to resolve them.

As a further alternative you can complain directly to the North East Commissioning Support at Dr Piper House, Darlington, Co Durham.

Or complain directly to the Care Quality Commission under which the Practice is registered.

If you are still unhappy you can refer the matter to the Parliamentary & Health Service Ombudsman who is independent of the NHS and government. Call 0345 015 4033.